Why business cards are important tools of the trade
With all this talk about websites and online marketing, the traditional business card can sometimes be forgotten. Do you still need a business card? The short answer is YES.
Your digital marketing efforts are undeniably essential in today’s competitive world. However, the business card is one thing that websites cannot fully replace. The moment when you hand over your business card, either when you first engage a customer or after you complete a job well done, is an important and impressionable touch point.
That card can do great things for your business, and is a vital tool in any tradie’s toolbox. So do you have one?
Why do tradies need business cards?
There are many reasons why business cards are important, and why you should have a pocketful of them at all times:
- Share information — A business card can be looked at, kept, or shared around. Having all of your important contact information on your personal calling card is an easy and personable way to engage with, and promote action from, your potential customers. They also make you referable; the person who receives your card may know someone else in need of your services.
- Make an impression — Great designs capture the eye and stay in the mind. A well-designed business card not only makes your company look professional and prepared, but also acts as a memorable marketing effort of your business. Your brand will stay with them, which will help to forge that necessary connection between your company and your customers.
- Convenience — Business cards are small and versatile. Your customers can easily store them in their wallets or on their fridges for future reference, and they can act as a powerful word-of-mouth tool. Plus, they can be easily added to mailed flyers or invoices as a direct and effective marketing opportunity.
- Goal-oriented — You can use your business cards to keep you focussed on the objective of connecting and following up with people in your area. Set goals for yourself: find at least five relevant businesses willing to distribute your card to customers; attend networking events and try to distribute thirty cards. Your calling card is a great tool for your business, so put it to work wherever you can!
What should be on your business card?
An effective business card will typically include:
- Your business name
- Your name (if it’s different from the business name)
- Your contact details (such as phone number, email, website and address)
- Your logo
Some cards will also include the business hours, a tagline, areas of expertise, and any awards or recognitions. The idea is to provide a good impression about what your business is, what it does, and why people should engage with you in the future.
Can Connected Tradies help me with my business card?
Absolutely! The team at Connected Tradies can help you with all aspects of marketing, including website development, online marketing, logo design, and business cards.
The style and design of your business card should reflect the quality of your company.
Connected Tradies will take the time to know your business and individual needs, and can deliver stand-out business cards to take you to the next level.
Contact our team today to learn more!