The pros and cons of DIY websites or managed services.
Beating the competition in any trade becomes a Catch 22: if you want to get the work, you need to develop a good reputation within your community, and in order to build that reputation, you need to get the work.
So how do you stand ahead of the curve? You put yourself out there as a valuable service and ensure that your potential clients know where to find you.
The solution: Google
People are increasingly opting to search for businesses online as opposed to looking in newspapers or phone book listings — in fact, approximately 85% of people claim that search engines are their go-to method for finding local contractors. It’s simple; if you don’t have a website, Google can’t find you online, and neither can your prospective customers.
ONLINE MARKETING WITH A D.I.Y. WEBSITE
So you kick off your steel-cap boots at the end of a long day, you sit down at the computer, and you build yourself a website.
- When customers search for local businesses doing your trade, your website might come up.
- You are in full control of your online content.
- You can choose how your website looks — colours, pictures, layout, etc.
- It’s time-consuming. Unless you want your website to become obsolete, you will need to consistently update and revise your content.
- You will need to gain a working knowledge about SEO, SEM, CMS, UI testing, QA testing, Google Analytics, title tags, domain management, and much more in order to get the most from your website.
- No guarantees that your site will get you work.
ONLINE MARKETING WITH CONNECTED TRADIES
You pick up your phone and give the team at Connected Tradies a buzz.
- All it takes is a quick conversation so we can find out more about who you are and what you do. That’s your job done! We’ll handle the rest.
- You can have your say. Your website will be pre-supplied with general information about your trade; this is more time-efficient so we can get your site live as soon as possible. But we can add/detract details and write out a personalised ‘About’ page to help you engage with your customers.
- Our experienced team has the time, knowledge and skills to:
- create fresh content and a contemporary design.
- consistently maintain your website.
- deal with site repairs, code errors, broken links, corrupted files and other online nasties.
- implement Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- find out the effectiveness of your site through Google Analytics.
- ensure your site looks great and navigates easily across any device.
- manage your website’s coding and programming.
- communicate your business brand and services to your clients.
- That means you don’t have to lift a finger to keep your website running. You can focus on doing what you do best, while your website works hard to bring you new jobs.
- It’s so easy, you don’t even need a computer! We can set everything up so new jobs and enquiries are texted directly to you.
- We have a variety of packages available so you can choose the option that suits your business and budget.
- More costly than a DIY site — but still more affordable than many other advertising options. And don’t forget that the first month is completely FREE, so you can try before you buy.
- Less input for the overall appearance of the website. In order for this to be a timely service, our websites are pre-built with designs, layouts and features that we know work well for local businesses. However, we can customise the site with your own logo, or design a logo for you if you don’t have one.
Connected Tradies can give you more than a website — we provide you with a fully-established online presence that improves customer awareness, promotes your business and gets you work.
Make sure your clients know how to reach you. Connected Tradies has the solution to get you found on Google. We’ll handle the website to help keep you on the worksite!